Good gynaecological health is fundamental to women’s wellbeing and peace of mind. We offer an annual gynaecological check for women under 40 years old. Our gynaecologist will take a history and conduct an examination, which is complimented by abdominal and pelvic ultrasound. Enquiries will be made about the family history of breast and other cancers and checks are always made for papilloma virus which can cause cervical (neck of the womb) cancer. Checks includes a PAP smear test (if this is out of date) blood tests for thyroid disease and anaemia, a urine test and ultrasound of breasts, pelvis, and abdomen.
Our experienced gynaecologists are specially trained in communication skills and are open to all your questions about gynaecological and sexual health.
GENERAL PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
- Complete history and enquiry taken by an AMC gynaecologist to include review of medications, allergies, and immunizations, family history and lifestyle issues
- CBC / ESR (Red and white cells in the blood and their distribution)
- TSH (Thyroid function)
- FSH (Reproductive Hormones)
- Wet preparation (Microscopic Examination for infection or disbalance)
- PAP-smear (Microscopic examination for cervical pre-cancer cells)
- PCR for HPV high oncogenic risk (Genetic testing of viruses causing Cervical Cancer)
- Urine analysis (Kidney function and Diabetes)
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Breast Ultrasound
- Video colposcopy (if required)