Good gynaecological health is fundamental to women’s wellbeing and peace of mind. We offer an annual gynaecological check for women both under 40 and over 40, where screening for breast disease and hormonal irregularities are important. Our gynaecologist will take a history and conduct an examination, which is complemented by abdominal and pelvic ultrasound.
Enquiries will be made about the family history of breast and other cancers and checks are always made for papillomavirus which can cause cervical (neck of the womb) cancer. Checks include a PAP smear test, blood tests for thyroid and anaemia, a urine test and ultrasound of breasts, pelvis and abdomen.
GENERAL PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
- Complete history and enquiry taken by an AMC gynaecologist to include review of medications, allergies, and immunizations, family history and lifestyle issues
- CBC / ESR (Red and white cells in the blood and their distribution)
- TSH (Thyroid function)
- FSH (Reproductive Hormones)
- Wet preparation (Microscopic Examination for infection or disbalance)
- PAP-smear (Microscopic examination for cervical pre-cancer cells)
- PCR for HPV high oncogenic risk (Genetic testing of viruses causing Cervical Cancer)
- Urine analysis (Kidney function and Diabetes)
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Breast Ultrasound
- Video colposcopy (if required)