Good gynaecological health is fundamental to women’s wellbeing and peace of mind. We offer an annual gynaecological check for women both under 40 and over 40, where screening for breast disease and hormonal irregularities are important. Our gynaecologist will take a history and conduct an examination, which is complemented by abdominal and pelvic ultrasound.
Enquiries will be made about the family history of breast and other cancers and checks are always made for papillomavirus which can cause cervical (neck of the womb) cancer. Checks include a PAP smear test, blood tests for thyroid and anaemia, a urine test and ultrasound of breasts, pelvis and abdomen. For women over 40 hormonal tests and a mammogram are included.
Our experienced gynaecologists are specially trained in communication skills and are open to all your questions about gynaecological and sexual health.
GENERAL PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
- Complete history and enquiry taken by an AMC gynaecologist to include review of medications, allergies, and immunizations, family history and lifestyle issues
- Follow-Up Consultation with AMC gynaecologist and personalized recommendations
- CBC / ESR
- Wet preparation (for Epithelium, White blood cells, Bacteria (Gardnerella, Gonococcus, and other species), Yeast (Candida albicans), Trichomonas)
- PAP-smear (screen for cervical cancer)
- PCR for HPV high oncogenic risk
- Urine analysis
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Breast Ultrasound
- Video colposcopy (if required)