The healthiest beverage
- Water is the best choice for quenching your thirst. Coffee and tea, without added sweeteners, are healthy choices, too.
- Some beverages should be limited or consumed in moderation, including diet drinks, fruit juice and milk. Alcohol in moderation can be healthy for some people, but not everyone.
- Avoid sugary drinks like soda, sports beverages, and energy drinks.
How much water do I need?
There is no one estimate for how much water the average person needs each day. Instead, the researches advice about 15 cups for men and about 11 cups for women. Note that this is not a daily target, but a general guide. In most people, about 80% of this water volume comes from beverages; the rest comes from food.
Try these refreshing water-based beverages:
- sliced citrus fruits or zest (lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit);
- crushed fresh mint;
- peeled, sliced fresh ginger or sliced cucumber;
- crushed berries.
Source of information: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks/