Intermittent fasting is how our ancestors ate – think feast or famine. When there was food available, they ate; when they didn’t have food, they didn’t eat. They couldn’t run to a fast-food restaurant or pop a frozen-food entrée in the microwave.
The benefits of intermittent fasting are well-studied and vast, including:
- improve metabolic efficiency and metabolic flexibility;
- reset your body to use fat as its primary fuel source;
- boost enzyme production to facilitate digestion and weight loss;
- generate production of human growth hormone;
- increase insulin sensitivity;
- reduce markers of chronic inflammation.
Source of information: http://blumcenterforhealth.com/how-eating-like-your-ancestors-can-help-you-lose-weight/