There are many herbs that support the body when healing from an illness.
1. Nettle Leaf – It contains large amounts of vitamins and trace minerals and helps the body stay hydrated and remove toxins. In a tea with Red Raspberry Leaf, Alfalfa and Peppermint, it makes a powerful immune supporting and illness preventing remedy.
2. Elderberry – Elderberry is well known for supporting the body, especially during flu..
3. Ginger – In capsule form, ginger can greatly help with nausea and vomiting associated with the flu. It can also help with high fever and headache. Fresh ginger root can be steeped in boiling water to make a tea that is very effective against sinus symptoms
4. Yarrow – Unsurpassed for flu and fever, and great for children. If used abundantly in tea or tincture at the beginning of an illness, it will usually shorten the illness to less than 24 hours. It is especially good for fevers as it induces perspiration and is great for all childhood type illnesses. It is naturally bitter, so it is often good to include peppermint and stevia leaf when making a tea. It is great for the liver and kidneys and supports the endocrine system.
5. Chamomile – An absolute staple, especially for kids. Chamomile calms the nerves, helps children sleep better and reduces inflammation or fever. It is also great for regulating hormones and for the skin and can be used regularly for good sleep.
6. Peppermint – Great for all digestive disturbances and for lowering fever. It can be used as a tea or tincture or rubbed on the skin to bring a high fever down. It is antimicrobial and antiviral. It can be consumed as a hot tea or cold tea during illness in any amounts.
Source of information: http://wellnessmama.com/1499/natural-remedies-for-illness/