Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Your stomach looks like you’re in the third trimester and you’re not even pregnant.
- You have a beer belly and don’t drink beer.
- You produce gas that could be lethal?
- You’re always searching for an Altoid to fix wicked bad breath?
- These are all signs of a gut gone bad!
Honestly, the causes can come from a variety of offenders. It could be gluten, dairy, fructose, stress, or an overgrowth of bad bugs in your gut.
As nature would have it, gas is produced in the large bowel and for the most part does not cause any problems. But when bloating and gas happen in the small intestines, it can become problematic and produce a distended, fermenting belly.
It’s embarrassing, but the good news is that it is fixable.
Usually, the biggest gas producer is DAIRY and the reasons are twofold. Dairy contains lactose and most us are missing the enzyme that breaks it down, so it forms gas. The other reason is the protein in dairy, casein, is highly allergenic. A reaction to casein can cause inflammation in the gut that results in bloating.
So the first step to fixing the problem is removing dairy from your diet.
Source of information: http://blumcenterforhealth.com/the-bloat-blog/